The coast is a collective asset that must be cared for by all: the Santa Eulària Town Hall, local residents, holidaymakers, in short, anyone who enjoys its beauty and spends time at the water’s edge. Our municipal policies strive for optimal environmental management and (amongst other objectives) aim to safeguard the water quality in bathing areas as well as the hygiene and sanitation in the surrounding facilities so that beachgoers do not suffer any ill effects from their seaside experience.
A clean, sustainable and accessible coastline
The beaches of Cala Llonga, Es Canar, Es Figueral, Santa Eulària and des Riu de Santa Eulària currently hold certificates in environmental management in accordance with the UNE EN ISO 14001 decree. This entails the planning and implementation of an environmental policy committed to preventing pollution and ecological risks while upholding current environmental legislation. All of this translates into a series of improvements along our coastline – not just on certified beaches – whose highlights include:
– Recycling levels at beaches that reach 70% thanks to diverse points of selective waste collection
– Quality of swimming water with an overall rating of Excellent at practically all of the beaches in the municipality of Santa Eulària des Riu
– Exhaustive hygiene inspections at all of the shower and foot-rinsing facilities at our beaches
– Sustainable cleaning methods at beaches aimed at preventing sand loss along the coast
– Lifeguarding and rescue services certified by the system of environmental management based on decree ISO 14001
– Blue Flag award for several of the municipality’s beaches
– Proud holder of a certificate accrediting our management of universal accessibility in accordance with the UNE 170001-2 decree at the beaches of Cala Llonga and Santa Eulària.